School Performance Report
Our mission is to instill academic excellence within our students, empowering them to become life-long learners.
Our motto is: Learn - Lead - Succeed
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
We have students in Kindergarten through 5th grade. At every grade level, we are dedicated to providing each student with a safe and positive learning environment.
We believe in creating an environment for students that focuses on their academic, social, emotional, physical and safety needs. To meet this goal Lackamas students and staff participate in the following activities:
Our beautiful historic school was built in 1914 and holds all the charm and warmth of years past. Lackamas is an outdoor campus where students, staff, and visitors enjoy visits from bald eagles flying overhead and the opportunity to enjoy the great outdoors each day in our rural setting. We love our little school outside of town and can’t wait to welcome you to our community of learners.
- Use of a strategic planning process by teaching staff that links instructional decision-making with assessment results.
- Staff engage in professional learning community activities on late start Wednesdays where collaborative work is accomplished within one of the four critical pillars of education (assessment, instruction, climate/environment, curriculum)
- Use of up-to-date curriculum materials and resources
- Ongoing student performance assessment to ensure our students are making academic growth throughout the year using Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS), Measures of Academic Progress (MAP), Measures of Student Progress (MSP), and classroom-based assessments
- Regular safety drills
- Assemblies teaching character traits
- Student of the Month Assemblies that recognize our students demonstrating the Lackamas Hi-5 expectations
- Ticket to Read program to encourage reading for fun
- Music, Physical Education, Library and Computer Lab Specialists to provide our students with a well-rounded education
- A variety of field trips
- An Active PTO providing family activities
Lead a culture of high achievement for all students
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN
Read about our Continuous School Improvement Plan to improve achievement.
Teacher certification and statistics are available on the OSPI Report Card.
Grow each day as students, teachers, and leaders in our learning organization
Review student achievement results on the OSPI Report Card.
Current Budget: $2,326,320.29
Building Expenditure Per Pupil: See OSPI Report Card
See ASB Fund Balance Sheets
Inspire all students to achieve a College & Career Ready Diploma
Parent Involvement Plan
GRADUATION READINESS ACTIVITIES/EVENTS
NEU Family Night
Foster relationships working side-by-side with students, families and community
Last Modified on December 19, 2022