Watch D.O.G.S. (Dad of Great Students) is a family and community educational initiative. There are 2 primary goals of the Watch DOGS program.
- To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
- To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
- Students gain positive male role models.
- Schools gain an extra set of eyes and ears. The presence of a father or father figure will provide an additional deterrent to bullying, enhance a sense of security in the building, and will help to create an environment conducive to learning.
- Fathers get a glimpse of their students' everyday world and learn about the increasingly complex challenges and decisions today's youth are facing.
- Fathers gain a greater awareness of the positive impact they can have on their student's life in three critical areas including: academic performance , self-esteem, social behavior.
- The Watch DOGS volunteers provide real and important help for the teachers and the students.