Welcome to the Yelm Community Schools K-12 Education Department. Our goal, LEARN CHANGE GROW is to increase the efforts to meet the learning needs of EACH student as we progress toward becoming a top performing district.
2018-19 Department Goals
- Effectively implement the following four SPSCC programs in 2018-19 to ensure student impact and program sustainability: (1) HS21+ Diploma Retrieval, (2) SPSCC Satellite Campus, (3) 4 SPSCC CiHS Courses, and (4) SPSCC Running Start Vanpool.
- Implement YCS learning impact teams to engage with and support building principals in the effective use of data to increase student learning and achievement.
- Continue to build a cohesive system of mathematics instruction to support all learners across PK through 12.
- Continue to implement systems that promote the appropriate use of assessment and data to inform instruction and impact student learning.
Shannon Powell and Gudrun Sullivan
- Continue to develop systems, processes, and procedures to ensure Special Education laws are followed consistently districtwide.
- Develop and implement high-quality emergency operations and safety plans for Yelm Community Schools.
- Establish a framework for an elementary special program for students with autism spectrum disorder diagnoses-level 3 in the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Implement and maintain structured social emotional learning curriculum throughout the district.
Zane Laughbon Olmsted
- Implement a formal and comprehensive k-5 schoolwide plan, that outlines how school and Title I resources will be used to meet student learning needs.
- Align updated CTE course frameworks to include educational technology, work readiness, industry certification, and/or technical college articulations. Ensure performance assessments demonstrate achievement of certification and/or college credit.
- Engage advisory members in the review of the standards and endorse the need for these skills in the workforce.