YCS Antiracism Statement
The Yelm Community Schools is steadfast in denouncing any form of racism or discrimination. For us to meet our goals as educators, we have to be diligent in eliminating beliefs and actions that prevent students from experiencing high levels of achievement and belonging.
We commit to:
- Listening to past experiences and current realities.
- Taking concerns raised seriously and acting accordingly.
- Continuing to learn about equity and incorporate that learning into practice.
- building a strong relationship with each student.
- Continuing to focus on achievement, graduation, continuing education, and work for each student.
- Working to get better every day.