Meal Prices & Benefits
National School Lunch/Breakfast Program
2019-2020 Meal Benefits Information
Breakfast Breakfast Full Pay K-5 $1.75 Breakfast Full Pay 6-12 $1.75 Breakfast Reduced K-12 Free Lunch Lunch Full Pay K-5 $2.80 Lunch Full Pay 6-12 $3.20 Lunch Reduced K-3 Free Lunch Reduced 4-12 $0.40 Milk Milk only / extra milk $0.50 Adult Meal Prices Adult Adult Breakfast $2.50 Adult Adult Lunch $4.00Avoid Unnecessary Meal Fees
Applications from the prior year are only valid for the first 30 school days. If a new application is not received by October 17, 2019 students will be charged at the full price for lunch and breakfast until a new application is approved. You are responsible for charges made.
Turn in Your Application as Early as Possible
Application processing time frame: Applications will be reviewed and an eligibility determination made within 10 working days of the receipt of the application. Meals provided prior to the approval of the application will be charged at full price, you are responsible for charges made.
Students K-3rd Grade
Lunches served to children who qualify for reduced priced meals in Kindergarten through 3rd grade will be made available at no cost. All other students 4th – 12th will be charged at their approved rate.
Students must take all of the required components of a meal for it to be considered reimbursable and qualify under the Free & Reduced Meal Program. If any of the required components are declined, the meal is considered non reimbursable and will be charged accordingly.
If a student qualifies for Free/Reduced meals and only chooses milk, the milk is not considered reimbursable and will be charged at the current rate of 50 cents per milk. Students may purchase additional milk as long as they have money on their account. Milk is charged at the current rate of 50 cents per milk.
Other Benefits for Free & Reduced
Those students who qualify for Free and Reduce Meal Benefit can also obtain other services at low or no cost. Learn more at:
Boys & Girls Club of Yelm
Due to a special grant for the 1920 school year free and reduced recipients may have fees for the Boys and Girls Club waived. Very low to moderately low income would benefit. Please contact the Yelm Boys and Girls Club with proof of income to fill out a scholarship application. Yelm High School, Ridgeline Middle School, Yelm Middle School, and Prairie Elementary programs are full and Boys and Girls Club will not be accepting students from these schools at this time.
This program is not available at Lackamas Elementary.
Comcast Internet Essentials
You may qualify for discounted internet if you are eligible for public assistance programs such as the Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
Once you are on the the Free and Reduced Lunch Program simply contact Comcast to get started and see if you qualify.
Internet Essentials from Comcast:
- $9.95 per month
- Go to website https://internetessentials.com/
- Or Call 1-855-846-8376
- Select preferred language
- Click “APPLY NOW”
- Complete: Basic information
- Personal Details
- Essential Steps
- Review & Confirm
- Applicants that are auto-approved (no documents required) should be approved within approximately 5 business days of their application date.
- Applicants that are not auto-approved (need to submit documentation) should be approved within 7-10 business days of the date that they submitted their signed application and supporting documentation.
If a document has to be submitted for your application, please provide one (1) document from the list below:
- MEDICAID: card or most recent eligibility letter.
- Public housing assistance documentation such as your lease, housing assistance payment (HAP) contract, or eligibility documentation from HUD.
- SNAP: letter indicating you are approved for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits.
- TANF: eligibility letter for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
- SSI: eligibility letter for Supplemental Security Income.
- NSLP/Head Start: copy of a letter indicating current participation in the National School Lunch Program or Head Start, with your child's name, the school name, and the address of where you are requesting service.
- LIHEAP: letter confirming your eligibility for Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
- WIC: eligibility letter for the Women, Infants, and Children program.
- FEDERAL PELL GRANT: (Colorado and Illinois only) documentation from your community college’s financial aid office.
- VA PENSION: veterans pension eligibility determination letter from the Veterans Administration.
- Tribal assistance eligibility letter, including TTANF, FDPIR, etc.
- Low cost computers
- To order a low-cost laptop or desktop computer, call our vendor partner, CDI, at (1-888-710-4156), or you can order online here. You do not need a discount code when buying a computer for $149.99 plus tax.
College Bound Scholarship
The College Bound Scholarship program is an early commitment of state financial aid to eligible students who sign up in middle school and fulfill the scholarship pledge. Being eligible for Free and Reduced lunch programs may make you eligible for this scholarship. Please visit the College Bound Scholarship website for details and to apply.
Please contact the Office of Student Learning at (360) 458-6120 if you have questions about any of these benefits.
- $9.95 per month