The district recognizes that nonprofit organizations may want to distribute materials in the school district that are non-curricular but that have social, recreational or educational value for students.
Any nonprofit group wishing to distribute information material must first submit to the Community Relations Coordinator a copy of the material and a statement of the educational value the program provides to students.
Dissemination of the information does not reflect the district's endorsement or sponsorship of the activity.
All approved materials distributed must contain the following statement:
"Yelm Community Schools does not sponsor and assumes no responsibility for this event/activity. (For additional information refer to Board Policy 4060)"
Yelm Community Schools shall be held harmless from any cause of action filed in any court or administrative tribunal arising out of the distribution of these materials, including costs, attorney's fees and judgments or awards.
The district will not approve materials for distribution that:
- Are obscene, lewd, or vulgar
- Are libelous
- Contain language that is intimidating, demeaning, harassing or threatening on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital or veteran status including but not limited to racial, sexual or ethnic slurs
- Promote commercial enterprises
- Promote the violation of existing laws, regulation or ordinances, or official school policy, rules, regulations
- Proselytize or disparage religious beliefs.
All materials must be approved by the district and all decisions are final.
per Board Policy 4060