The Mill Pond staff is dedicated to creating and maintaining a positive and productive environment for all students. Since student behavior and a quality learning climate are closely related, we believe it is worth the effort to encourage and reinforce cooperation and responsible behavior from our students. Our school-wide discipline plan is designed to bring about an increased recognition and promotion of good behavior. If problems arise, we will work positively to find solutions. If a student has difficulty assuming responsibility at school, parents may be asked to conference with us and/or support us in developing an appropriate plan for greater success. Staff and students at Mill Pond Elementary will work together to help each other reach their fullest potential. Everyone will be treated with respect and dignity. Mill Pond students show their best with: Be Respectful, Responsible, and Ready to Learn.
The District Behavior Policy, titled Rights and Responsibilities, is a booklet that provides more information about students’ rights, responsibilities, discipline guidelines, as well as other district details and regulations. The next page details our Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS):
Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
The vision of Yelm Community Schools is to prepare ALL students for post-secondary pathways, careers, and civic engagement.
A Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS) is a service delivery framework focused on prevention and problem solving for all students. An integrated MTSS connects all of the academic and non-academic interventions, supports, and services available in schools and communities to support instruction and eliminate barriers to learning and teaching. Within an MTSS framework, multiple levels of instruction, assessment, and intervention are designed to meet the academic and non-academic needs of ALL students.
Essential Components of an MTSS Framework
- Core Instruction and Tiered Continuum of Evidence-based Interventions and Supports (Tier I, II, III)
- Universal Screening and Progress Monitoring
- Data-based Decision Making
- Family Engagement and Community Partnerships
- Creating and maintaining the infrastructure to support an integrated MTSS Framework
District Handbooks and Forms
Here are some of our most frequently requested forms and handbooks. School handbooks are located on their individual web sites under Family Resources.
If you need assistance accessing forms, please contact 360.458.1900.
- Certificate of Exemption, June 2019: English (PDF) | Español (PDF) | Korean (PDF) | Russian (PDF) | Simplified Chinese (PDF) | Somali (PDF) | Tagalog (PDF) | Vietnamese (PDF)
- Consent to Share Program Eligibility Information
- Daycare Alternate Transportation Form
- Directory Information Opt Out Form
- Effective Communication - Accessibility Form
- Facilities Usage Form
- New Student Registration Form
- Food Services Form
- Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying (HIB) Form
- Medication Authorization Form
- Student Transfer Forms
- Public Records Request Form
- Volunteer Application