Earn Your Associate of Arts Degree at Yelm High School Beginning Freshman Year!
YHS AA-DTA Program Allows Students To:
Tuition assistance is available for income-eligible students.Space in the program is limited based on course availability.
- stay on the high school campus and earn a high school diploma and college degree at the same time, during the school day
- access Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses that are aligned to their postsecondary goals
- save thousands of dollars in college tuition costs and shave up to two years off a bachelor's degree program
- transfer to any Washington public 4-year college or university as a junior, with the general university requirements fulfilled (STEM majors will need to take additional math and science courses)
- transfer to an associate of science program at a community or technical college with the general education requirements fulfilled. Students can later transfer to a bachelor's degree program seamlessly if desired
- enter the workforce directly after high school graduation with a high school diploma and an AA-DTA degree, providing an immediate employment advantage and a solid foundation for future education if desired
Sign Up Today!
Schedule an appointment with your YHS counselor to learn more about the AA Degree Program by calling 360.458.7777.
Eligibility for Tuition Scholarships
Students who are eligible for Free and Reduced Priced Meals will also be eligible to receive tuition scholarships. Families will need to re-apply for Free and Reduced each year. Applications are available in August/September.
- Access the application using Skyward Family Access
- If you need assistance, please call 360.458.6120.