Local Volunteer Partners
- Nisqually Basin Youth Baseball is seeking volunteers to run the concession stand during youth baseball and fastpitch games. This is a great way to rack up on volunteer hours that will put you ahead of the rest when it comes to scholarships!
When: April 17-June 3
Contact: Jenn Foote at email@example.com
- Monday-Thursday 4:30pm-7:30pm (2 volunteers per night)
- Saturday 8:00am-5pm (broken into 3 hour shifts w/3 volunteers per shift)
- Note: You do not need to be there every day, nor does this need to be a long term commitment. Any day you can help is appreciated. Please confirm if you can make and be sure to call or email to cancel when you cannot.
Relay for life is looking for volunteers for the June Relay for Life event happening at North Thurston High School. There are volunteer opportunities for June 23rd, 24th and 25th from setting up to tearing down, photography, cheer and dance, singing, running activities and more!
If you are interested in volunteering or getting together with a group of friends to cheer, sing, dance, etc, please fill out the 2023 Relay for Life of Thurston County Volunteer Form.
- The Yelm Creative District is looking for student volunteers!
Creative Districts are geographically defined areas where a concentration of artistic, cultural, and economic activity takes place. The Creative District program provides a platform for artists and creatives to help develop their local economy. It fosters innovation, entrepreneurship, and community values. This combination creates a holistic, sustainable, and diverse economy so that communities and their future generations can thrive. They meet every other Wednesday at 6 pm at Yelm City Hall. They try to limit meetings to one hour.
Joining the taskforce right now would include attending monthly meetings and the opportunity to help shape the future of the creative space in Yelm. Right now, the task force is focusing on outreach, so student volunteers would get to work on allowing a younger demographic of voices to be heard. If you're interested in this opportunity, please contact Mrs. Mathis in the YHS Career Center.
- Yelm Community Services Food Bank
- Rotary Club of Yelm
- Nisqually Land Trust Volunteer Opportunities
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hands-On Children's Museum - Olympia
- South Pierce Firefighters
- Thurston County Emergency Management
- United Way of Thurston County lists multiple opportunities Live United - Volunteer
Announced for the 2022-2023 School Year:
SafePlace is hosting a peer-led education group called SPEAK that meets once a week. You can have the opportunity to be trained and join the organization in giving presentations on healthy relationships, boundaries and more. You can find more information on the SafePlace website or contact Youtheducationspecialist@gmail.com. This is based in Olympia, WA. To apply, fill out the SPEAK application.