EMERGENCY CONTACT: Emergency contact information must be up-to-date in student records. If there is a change in this information (address, phone number, etc.), parents should call the Counseling Center (360-458-6234) with the new information.
EMERGENCY CLOSURE AND DELAYS: Sometimes during the school year we face the possibility of inclement weather and school closure or schedule changes. Typically, families will be notified of emergency schedule changes by an automated phone call. When possible, announcements for emergency closures or delays will be made before 5:30 a.m. Occasionally circumstances change quickly and late announcements are unavoidable. The following information is for reference in the event that the schools are closed or buses operate on an emergency schedule:
- School Closure: All schools will be closed all day and any activities planned for the day or evening will be canceled.
- Emergency Schedule: Indicates that schools will start on a delayed schedule. Parents are reminded that although the busses will start the runs later if we are on an emergency schedule, the busses may be slightly later near the end of the run. We request that parents make allowances for this.
- Limited Transportation: Limited transportation will prevail if some roads become inaccessible or if the county announces road closures. School will be in session unless otherwise announced by the Superintendent's Office.
Stay informed about Emergency Closures & Delays by Signing up for FLASH ALERT to receive an email notification.
- Updating your Family Access email and home & cell numbers
- Opting In for Text Messaging (Text YES to 67587)
- Following Yelm Community Schools on Facebook and Twitter
- Visiting the district website for detailed information and updates
- Tuning into other media outlets
EMERGENCY PROCEDURES: Emergency drills are to be taken seriously. Students are expected to maintain classroom conduct throughout the entire drill and to become informed of the exit route for each of their classrooms.
ALICE - STUDENT SAFETY PROTOCOL: We are committed to student and staff safety on our campus. All staff on our campus have been training in ALICE protocols. Part of our safety protocol is to teach students how to participate in their own safety. We have adopted ALICE protocol which is a safety and active shooter response and good decision making steps should an attack occur. ALICE is an acronym for Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter and Evacuate.