We conduct regular fire drills to acquaint the students with the sounds of the fire alarm and evacuation procedures. There will also be occasional earthquake and intruder drills throughout the year. These drills are in accordance with the emergency plan coordinated throughout the school district.
EMERGENCY CLOSURES AND DELAYS
Sometimes during the school year, we face the possibility of inclement weather and school closure or schedule changes. Typically, families will be notified of emergency schedule changes by an automated phone call, email and/or text. We will announce closures and delays as early as possible, but not later than 5:30 A.M. Occasionally circumstances change quickly and late announcements are unavoidable. The following information is for reference in the event that the schools are closed or buses operate on an emergency schedule:
- School Closure: All schools will be closed all day and any activities planned for the day or evening will be announced by12pm on the district website.
- Emergency Schedule: Indicates that schools will start on a delayed schedule. Parents are reminded that although the buses will start the runs later, if we are on an emergency schedule, the buses may be slightly later near the end of the run. We request that parents make allowances for this.
- Limited Transportation: Limited transportation will prevail if some roads become inaccessible or if the county announces road closures. School will be in session unless otherwise announced by the Superintendent’s Office.
Stay informed about Emergency Closures & Delays by:
- Signing up for FLASH ALERT (http://flashalert.net/news.html?id=4289) to receive an email notice.
- Updating your Family Access email and home & cell numbers.
- Opting In for Text Messaging (Text YES to 67587).
- Following Yelm Community Schools on Facebook and Twitter.
- Visiting the district website for detailed information and updates.
- Tuning into other media outlets.
It is requested that parents/guardians do not call the media stations for closure information.