CUPCAKES, TREATS, GOODY BAGS, BALLOONS, FLOWERS, ETC. ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED.
Below are some of the reasons we have made this change.
- To minimize disruptions to the instructional day.
- To minimize sugary or unhealthy treats and the impact they have on our students’ health and wellbeing.
- To create an atmosphere of equality among our students.
- To reduce possible food allergens and latex allergens in the classroom.
- To follow the guidelines for food in schools.
Please be assured, staff members will continue to recognize birthdays in special ways. We ask for your cooperation as we continue to work together to create the best environment for your children. Students are not allowed to hand out party invitations at school. This causes hurt feelings for students who do not receive invitations and disrupts the classroom environment. Teachers may discreetly place individually addressed invitations in student folders.