Mill Pond Visitors/Volunteers
VISITORS AND VOLUNTEERS
Volunteers are a vital part of our students' education. To volunteer in a school during the school year, an application must be completed online. All volunteers must receive clearance through the Washington Access to Criminal History (WATCH) before volunteering. Clearance is granted for one school year only. Visit the website to complete the application. For more information, contact our Volunteer Coordinator Office at 360.458.6100.
Visitors need to sign in and out at the office and pick up a visitor’s badge. As a courtesy to our teaching staff and to coordinate their schedule with yours, please make an appointment to meet with the principal, counselor or your student’s teacher. Visitors are not allowed on the playground at any time with the exception of Family Luncheon Days.
As we work to create a safe and respectful learning environment, volunteers are asked to:
- Sign in and out at the front office
- Wear a visit badge when working in the school
- Honor the privacy of students
- Be sure to allow time to check in at the office.
- If you are unable to be here at the arranged date and time, please notify the teacher.
- Parent volunteers are not allowed on the playground.
One way to get involved in your student’s education is to join the Mill Pond Booster Club. The Booster Club hosts many events and activities throughout the year and supports our school programs. Visit the Mill Pond Booster Club Facebook page.