Handbook & School Hours
WELCOME TO MILL POND
This handbook is designed to assist you and your student(s). It is not all-inclusive, but does cover most of the items that commonly concern our school community.
OPTIMUM LEARNING ENVIRONMENT:
Yelm Community Schools embraces the diversity within our schools and seeks to create a nurturing and barrier-free learning environment for each student. To achieve this goal, we commit to:
- Preparing our students to thrive in a multicultural and diverse society.
- Ensuring fair, equitable and inclusive principles are integrated into our policies, programs, operations and practices.
- Creating school and classroom cultures that are free of bias-based language or behaviors.
- Eliminating barriers that perpetuate negative outcomes.
- Providing all students the resources, opportunities and support needed to succeed at high levels.
- Honoring and building upon the strengths and assets of every student.
- Welcoming and engaging families and community members as essential partners.
Please read through the handbook with your student(s) in order to better understand the essential information regarding our school. Please sign the Student-Family Handbook Awareness Form on the last page and return it to your student’s teacher as soon as possible.
As a staff, we encourage your active involvement in your student’s education. A strong partnership between home and school will greatly benefit your student as she/he learns and grows. We are here to assist you and your student(s) and invite you to call or stop by the front office whenever we may be of service to you.
Thank you for your support!
Mrs. Jeri Lipe
Principal, Mill Pond Elementary
SCHOOL HOURS AND SUPERVISION BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL:
School hours are 9:15 AM to 3:45 PM. The safety of our students is of the utmost importance to us. Students should not arrive on campus before 8:55 AM on regular start days and 9:55 AM on late start Wednesdays. We have no regular after-school supervision available. To ensure student safety, all students must be picked up at 3:45 PM. Individual after-school activities will be communicated by a supervising teacher.
8:55 AM - Students begin arriving on campus and eat breakfast or report to classroom
9:15 AM - Students expected to be in their seats for morning announcements (2nd bell)
3:45 PM - Students dismissed
ONE-HOUR LATE START WEDNESDAYS
This year, we will have a one-hour late arrival each Wednesday of the school year, with the exceptions of the first week of school, SBA weeks, and parent conference weeks. On one-hour late starts, Mill Pond Elementary School hours are 10:15 AM - 3:45PM. More information about late start schedules is available in the front office.