Other Benefits for Free & Reduced
Those students who qualify for Free and Reduce Meal Benefit can also obtain other services at low or no cost. Learn more at:Boys & Girls Club of Yelm
In an effort to ensure financial hardship is not a barrier to participation, Boys & Girls Clubs offer scholarships for families who apply and qualify. Scholarships range between 40-80%. To apply, contact the front desk coordinator at the Yelm Boys & Girls Club, 360-529-5392.Comcast Internet Essentials
You may qualify for discounted internet if you are eligible for public assistance programs such as the Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
Once you are on the the Free and Reduced Lunch Program simply contact Comcast to get started and see if you qualify.Internet Essentials from Comcast:
- $9.95 per month
- Go to website
- Or Call 1-855-846-8376
- Select preferred language
- Click “APPLY NOW”
- Complete: Basic information
- Personal Details
- Essential Steps
- Review & Confirm
- Applicants that are auto-approved (no documents required) should be approved within approximately 5 business days of their application date.
- Applicants that are not auto-approved (need to submit documentation) should be approved within 7-10 business days of the date that they submitted their signed application and supporting documentation.
If a document has to be submitted for your application, please provide one (1) document from the list below:
- MEDICAID: card or most recent eligibility letter.
- Public housing assistance documentation such as your lease, housing assistance payment (HAP) contract, or eligibility documentation from HUD.
- SNAP: letter indicating you are approved for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits.
- TANF: eligibility letter for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
- SSI: eligibility letter for Supplemental Security Income.
- NSLP/Head Start: copy of a letter indicating current participation in the National School Lunch Program or Head Start, with your child's name, the school name, and the address of where you are requesting service.
- LIHEAP: letter confirming your eligibility for Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
- WIC: eligibility letter for the Women, Infants, and Children program.
- FEDERAL PELL GRANT: (Colorado and Illinois only) documentation from your community college’s financial aid office.
- VA PENSION: veterans pension eligibility determination letter from the Veterans Administration.
- Tribal assistance eligibility letter, including TTANF, FDPIR, etc.
- Low cost computers
- To order a low-cost laptop or desktop computer, call our vendor partner, CDI, at (1-888-710-4156), or you can order online here. You do not need a discount code when buying a computer for $149.99 plus tax.
College Bound Scholarship
The College Bound Scholarship program is an early commitment of state financial aid to eligible students who sign up in middle school and fulfill the scholarship pledge. Being eligible for Free and Reduced lunch programs may make you eligible for this scholarship. Please visit the College Bound Scholarship website for details and to apply.
Please contact the Office of Student Learning at (360) 458-6120 if you have questions about any of these benefits.