Unless other arrangements have been made by a parent or guardian, students are expected to be transported from school by bus at the end of each school day.
MORNING DROP OFF: Many students are brought to school each morning by families. As you can imagine, this volume of cars (and minimal space) creates the need to have procedures in place to keep our students safe and keep traffic flowing in the most efficient manner possible.
To ensure the safety of our students, it is critical parents follow this set of procedures
- Please do not drop your student off in the parking lot area. Curbside drop-off only.
- Please – No student drop off in the bus area
- If you need to enter the building with your child, please park in a parking stall.
Drop Off Procedures
- Enter through the parking lot gate.
- Circle around to the curb in front of the school.
- Pull as far up the curb as traffic allows and drop off your student(s).
- Students exit the vehicle on the curb-side.
- Once your children have unloaded, you may carefully pull out.
AFTERNOON PICK UP PROCEDURE:
- Please do not ask your child to meet you in the hallway or parking lot.
- Please – No student pick up in the bus area
- If you need to enter the building for a meeting please park in a parking stall.
RIDING THE BUS: The trip to school and back can be an enjoyable experience for a child when everyone respects certain rules of conduct. We expect students to observe the same courteous Prairie behavior on the bus as they would in class. Bus rules are reviewed by the drivers with students at the beginning of each year. If you have a bus-related question, please contact the transportation department at 360-458-3300.
BICYCLE/WALKING: Students are not permitted to ride bicycles or walk to school without prior permission from the principal.