2090 Program Evaluation
The board requires efficiency and effectiveness in all facets of its operations. In order to achieve this goal, the board will provide:
- A clear statement of expectations and/or standards for the district’s instructional programs;
- Staff, resources and support to achieve these expectations and/or standards; and
- A plan for evaluating instructional programs and services to determine how well expectations and/or standards are being met.
The district will utilize a variety of assessment processes to:
- Determine the effectiveness of the instructional programs;
- Assess the progress of individual students in attaining student learning goals or standards;
- Identify the needs of individual students who are not progressing at their expected rates; and
- Identify students who are in need of specialized programs.
Parents who wish to examine any assessment materials may do so by contacting the superintendent. Parent approval is necessary before administering a diagnostic personality test. Parents will be notified of their child’s performance on any test or assessment conducted under the Washington State Assessment Program. No tests or measurement devices containing any questions about a student’s or their family’s personal beliefs and practices in family life, morality and religion shall be administered unless the parent or guardian gives written permission for the student to take such test, questionnaire or examination.
The superintendent will prepare an annual report which reflects the degree to which district goals and objectives related to the instructional program have been accomplished. The superintendent will annually review the assessment processes and procedures to determine if the purposes of the evaluation program are being accomplished. Specifically, the district will adjust its curriculum if student performance under the Washington State Assessment Program indicates the district’s students need assistance in identified areas.
RCW 28A.230 Compulsory Coursework and Activities
WAC 392-500-020 Pupil tests and records – Tests – School district policy in writing
WAC 392-500-030 Pupil tests and records – Certain tests, questionnaires, etc. – Limitations
WAC 392-500-035 Pupil tests and records – Diagnostic personality tests – Parental permission required
Policy News, Dec. 2000 Portions of HB 1209 Take Effect
REVISED: 03/27/97; 09/25/97; 03/22/2001; 12/20/07; 02/28/13
Procedure No. 2090P Program Evaluation
A district program evaluation committee, representative of the staff, will meet at least once per year to review the district assessment program. The committee shall submit its recommendation to the superintendent for the following year’s assessment program by May 15. The recommendation shall include a schedule for all assessment activities to be conducted during the year. In its review, the committee shall consider such factors as:
- Validity. Do the proposed assessment materials measure the district’s objectives? Are the items compatible with the district scope and sequence?
- Administration. Are directions clear for the teacher? For the student? Is the format attractive?
- Interpretation of Results. Are results reported in a form that is meaningful to the teacher, the student, the district, the parent?
The proposed schedule shall be approved by principals and by the superintendent. The schedule shall be distributed to individual schools by August 15. The district office shall be responsible for ordering tests, distributing materials and scoring sheets, and distributing administration instructions. After tests have been scored, the district office shall be responsible for:
- Preparing reports on test results for board, instructional staff, parents/guardians and the general public.
- Interpreting scores for staff and interested persons.
- Disseminating individual scores to staff responsible for counseling, screening and special placement of individuals.
- Preparing reports to evaluate curriculum and assist staff in implementing changes and improvements in curriculum.
PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND RESOURCES
2000 Student Learning Goals
2004 Accountability Goals
2005 School Improvement Plans
2019 Curriculum Development
2020 Course Design, Selection and Adoption of Instructional Materials
2021 Library Information and Technology Program
2022 Electronic Resources and Internet Safety
2023 Digital Citizenship and Media Literacy
2024 Online Learning
2025 Copyright Compliance
2027 District Ownership of Staff-Created Work
2029 Animals as Part of the Instructional Program
2030 Service Animals in Schools
2090 Program Evaluation
LEARNING PROGRAMS AND SUPPORTS
2100 Educational Opportunities for Military Children
2104 Federal and/or State Funded Special Instructional Programs
2106 Program Compliance
2107 Comprehensive Early Literacy Plan
2108 Learning Assistance Program
2110 Transitional Bilingual Instruction
2121 Substance Abuse Program
2125 Sexual Health Education
2126 AIDS Prevention Education
2140 Guidance and Counseling
2145 Recognition, Screening, and Response to Distress in Students
2150 Co-Curricular Program
2151 Interscholastic Athletics
2152 Extracurricular Activities
2153 Non-curriculum-Related Student Groups
2161 Special Education and Related Services for Eligible Students
2162 Education of Students with Disabilities under Section 504
2165 Home or Hospital Instruction
2170 Career and Technical Education
2178 Traffic Safety Education
2190 Advanced Academic Program
2195 Academic Acceleration
2220 School Calendar
2240 Summer School
2255 Alternative Learning Experience Programs
2320 Field Trips, Excursions and Outdoor Education
2331 Controversial Issues/Guest Speakers
2333 Flag Exercises
2336 Required Observances
2337 Disability History Month
2340 Religious-Related Activities and Practices
REQUIREMENTS AND ASSESSMENTS
2409 Credit for Competency/Proficiency
2410 High School Graduation Requirements
2411 Certificate of Educational Competency
2412 Diplomas for Veterans
2413 Equivalency Credit for Career and Technical Education Courses
2414 Community Service
2418 Waiver of High School Graduation Credits
2420 Grading and Progress Reports