6608 Video Cameras on School Buses
The board authorizes the use of video cameras on district operated school buses for the purpose of reducing discipline problems, thus providing a safer environment for the transportation of students. The reason for recording the transportation environment is to provide school officials, drivers and parents/guardians/custodians with documentation when dealing with inappropriate student behavior. Disciplinary action will be in accordance with policies and procedures on Student Responsibilities and Rights.
The superintendent shall prepare procedures for use of the video equipment on buses, the authorized review process for video tapes and the proper disposal of tapes.
Procedure No. 6608P Video Cameras on School Buses
Placement of Cameras
- Cameras will be authorized for use in buses by the supervisor of transportation. The bus driver will be notified of the placement in their bus.
- Drivers may request that a camera be placed in their buses. The supervisor of transportation will discuss the reason for the request with the driver and will decide if and when a camera will be placed in the bus by special request.
- Building principals may request the supervisor of transportation to authorize placement of a video camera in a bus when they have reason to believe that a problem exist.
- All buses where cameras may be utilized will have signs notifying riders that video cameras may be in use.
Use of the Recorded Tapes
- If the driver wishes to view the tape, a time will be set for this purpose.
- The transportation supervisor may view the tape with or without the driver.
- If a serious or flagrant violation of student bus rules is observed or if there is a continued violation despite intervention, standard disciplinary action may be taken. Lesser violations will be brought to the attention of the student and proper conduct will be explained.
- Any time a tape is to be used to support a disciplinary action, the tape will be dated, labeled and kept on file at the transportation department office for a as long as deemed necessary.
- Tapes not used to support disciplinary action will be reused.
- When a tape is used to support disciplinary action the student or the student’s parent/guardian/custodian may request to view the video. A viewing will be arranged at the student’s school or the transportation department office.
- A building principal or designee may request viewing of films through the transportation supervisor.
- The supervisor of transportation may use videos to assist drivers with student behavior management skills.
FINANCIAL PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
6000 Program Planning, Budget Preparation, Adoption and Implementation
6001 Tax Deferred Annuity/Compensation
6020 System of Funds and Accounts
6021 Interfund Loans
6022 Minimum Fund Balance
6030 Financial Reports
6040 Expenditures in Excess of Budget
6070 Employee Suggestion Program
6100 Revenues from Local, State and Federal Sources
6101 Federal Cash and Financial Management
6102 District Fund-Raising Activities
6106 Allowable Costs for Federal Programs
6112 Rental or Lease of District Property
6114 Gifts or Donations
6120 Investment of Funds
6121 Personal Checks - Acceptance and Processing
6210 Purchasing: Authorization and Control
6212 Charge Cards
6213 Reimbursement for Travel Expenses
6215 Voucher Certification and Approval
6216 Reimbursement for Goods and Services: Warrants
6220 Bid Requirements
6225 Use of Electronic Signature
6230 Relations with Vendors
6250 Cellular Telephones
6500 Risk Management
6511 Staff Safety
6512 Infection Control Program
6513 Workplace Violence Prevention
6535 Student Insurance
6540 Staff Personal Property Protection
6570 Property and Data Management
6580 Continuity of Operations Plan
6605 Student Safety Walking, Biking and Riding Buses to School
6608 Video Cameras on School Buses
6610 Video surveillance
6620 Special Transportation
6625 Private Vehicle Transportation
6630 Driver Training and Responsibility
6640 School Owned Vehicles
6690 Contracting for Transportation Services
6700 Nutrition and Physical Fitness
6800 Safety, Operations and Maintenance of School Property
6801 Capital Assets/Theft-Sensitive Assets
6810 Energy Management, Education and Conservation
6881 Disposal of Surplus Equipment and/or Materials
6882 Sale of Real Property
6883 Closure of Facilities
6890 State Environmental Policy Act Compliance
6895 Pesticide Notification, Posting and Record Keeping
6900 Facilities Planning
6905 Site Acquisition
6910 Construction Financing
6920 Construction Design
6925 Architect and Engineering Services
6950 Contractor Assurances, Surety Bonds and Insurance
6955 Maintenance of Records
6959 Acceptance of Completed Project
6970 Naming of Schools/Facilities
6971 Works of Art