6250 Cellular Telephones
The board authorizes the issuance of cellular telephones to staff designated by the superintendent for business telephone calls at those times when designated staff do not have regular telephone service readily available. At the time a designated employee accepts a district cellular telephone, they shall provide written assurance of financial responsibility for any personal or non-business calls made on the cellular telephone. Within ten days of the district receiving the cellular telephone bill, each designated employee will review their statement of calls and reimburse the district for any personal or non-business calls. Any staff member who has been issued a cellular telephone shall not use the telephone if any personal or non-business call charges are outstanding.
Procedure No. 6250P Cellular Telephones
Cellular telephones (cell phones), radios, pagers and/or other wireless communication devices must be approved by the building principal and/or appropriate administrator. Service and equipment shall be obtained through the Purchasing Department using the currently contracted/approved vendors. The user shall meet with the Purchasing Department to select the most appropriate and cost effective communication plans.
When wireless communications services are no longer needed, the building principal and/or appropriate administrator shall send all equipment to the Purchasing Department, and shall notify them of the need to discontinue service.
Criteria for Cell Phone Use
- Cell phones are not to be used when less costly alternatives are readily available.
- Cell phones are to be protected from airtime and equipment theft by taking precautions to restrict access to the phones.
- District-owned cell phones are to be used to conduct district business, including incoming and outgoing calls. If an employee’s job requirements unexpectedly necessitate them to stay late or an emergency situation occurs, telephone calls to home to provide notice shall be allowed at district expense.
- The district recognizes that occasions may arise in which personal calls need to be made. However cell phones shall not be used primarily for personal calls. Personal calls are defined as any call that is made or received for which there is no district business purpose. Both incoming and outgoing calls are billed for airtime; therefore, all personal calls, both incoming and outgoing, must be paid for by the employee. The district must be promptly reimbursed each month within 10 days of the billing for all personal calls. Failure to do so may result in the employee’s loss of cell phone use or garnishee of salary. Checks are to be made payable to Yelm Community Schools.
- The Purchasing Department shall maintain a complete listing of all district cell phones and who is assigned to their use.
- The building principal and/or appropriate administrator shall provide notification to the Purchasing Department when a cell phone is transferred to another individual or location.
- The building principal and/or appropriate administrator shall provide notification to the Purchasing Department when a phone is no longer needed or discontinued.
- District-owned cell phones, which are no longer needed, shall be surplused in accordance with district procedures.
Employee-Owned Cellular Telephones
- The district shall reimburse employees for a documented and approved district business use of personal cell phone calls. Reimbursements are paid directly to the employee by the district.
- The employee shall submit an employee reimbursement form with a copy of the cell phone invoice with all Yelm Community Schools’ calls highlighted. The form shall include the appropriate budget code information, and shall be signed by the employee and the building principal and/or appropriate administrator.
FINANCIAL PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
6000 Program Planning, Budget Preparation, Adoption and Implementation
6001 Tax Deferred Annuity/Compensation
6020 System of Funds and Accounts
6021 Interfund Loans
6022 Minimum Fund Balance
6030 Financial Reports
6040 Expenditures in Excess of Budget
6070 Employee Suggestion Program
6100 Revenues from Local, State and Federal Sources
6101 Federal Cash and Financial Management
6102 District Fund-Raising Activities
6106 Allowable Costs for Federal Programs
6112 Rental or Lease of District Property
6114 Gifts or Donations
6120 Investment of Funds
6121 Personal Checks - Acceptance and Processing
6210 Purchasing: Authorization and Control
6212 Charge Cards
6213 Reimbursement for Travel Expenses
6215 Voucher Certification and Approval
6216 Reimbursement for Goods and Services: Warrants
6220 Bid Requirements
6225 Use of Electronic Signature
6230 Relations with Vendors
6250 Cellular Telephones
6500 Risk Management
6511 Staff Safety
6512 Infection Control Program
6513 Workplace Violence Prevention
6535 Student Insurance
6540 Staff Personal Property Protection
6570 Property and Data Management
6580 Continuity of Operations Plan
6605 Student Safety Walking, Biking and Riding Buses to School
6608 Video Cameras on School Buses
6610 Video surveillance
6620 Special Transportation
6625 Private Vehicle Transportation
6630 Driver Training and Responsibility
6640 School Owned Vehicles
6690 Contracting for Transportation Services
6700 Nutrition and Physical Fitness
6800 Safety, Operations and Maintenance of School Property
6801 Capital Assets/Theft-Sensitive Assets
6810 Energy Management, Education and Conservation
6881 Disposal of Surplus Equipment and/or Materials
6882 Sale of Real Property
6883 Closure of Facilities
6890 State Environmental Policy Act Compliance
6895 Pesticide Notification, Posting and Record Keeping
6900 Facilities Planning
6905 Site Acquisition
6910 Construction Financing
6920 Construction Design
6925 Architect and Engineering Services
6950 Contractor Assurances, Surety Bonds and Insurance
6955 Maintenance of Records
6959 Acceptance of Completed Project
6970 Naming of Schools/Facilities
6971 Works of Art