Yelm Community Schools conducts multiple Child Find Screenings throughout the school year. Children ages 3-5 for whom there are concerns about developmental or suspected disability are encouraged to participate.
- These screenings are for children residing in Yelm Community Schools and are of no cost to the parent/guardian.
- During the appointment time, a team of professionals will screen children in the following developmental areas:
- Motor coordination
- Learning skills
- Adaptive skills
- Social/emotional behaviors
To begin the process, please contact the Student Support Department. If you have an existing IEP, please let us know!
If you believe your child may have a disability that impacts his or her developmental or academic progress, see contacts below:
- Birth to 3 years of age: Call Parent to Parent at (360) 352-1126
- Pre-K: Call the Student Support Department at (360) 458.6124
- K-12: Notify the building principal or school psychologist, in writing, of your concern