Welcome from Principal Watson
June 20, 2023
Dear Lackamas Families,
What an adventure this year has been. We have definitely conquered a lot this year.
- We started to create a strong sense of belonging for all students through our expectations and common language with what belonging is.
- We heard native American stories about how having a sense of belonging can help you succeed.
- We participated in rigorous academics that prepared us for the 2023-2024 school year.
- We watched Reading Magic, Pacific Science Center, and 5th Avenue theater assemblies, which helped us learn in fun ways.
- One of my favorite experiences this school year was being a part of your students' life each and everyday. As we say goodbye to this school year, I want to thank you.
Thank you for your support and partnership. I had the honor of collaborating with many of you for your students' success. When we work together, it shows that school and home are aligned for the students' future. That sends a powerful message that no matter what we are here for your student.
Wrapping up the school year isn’t the end. We have important information for the beginning of school.
Our school will experience new start/end times. Please see the table below for these new times. This will impact transportation. As you know, transportation will have new routes and times at the beginning of the school year. It will be important for you to get the new times.
15 min difference:
2 hour delay
We will hold Open House on Thursday, August 31 from 5:30-7:00. This is the perfect time to meet your child’s teacher, drop off supplies, tour the school, and learn how to volunteer and become a PTO member.
Starla Watson & Holly Ackerman
Principal Assistant Principal