SCHOOL PERFORMANCE REPORT 2011-12
We are the Lackamas Legends!
Our motto: Learn - Lead - Succeed
Lackamas Elementary is a community committed to learning and achievement.
We welcome and encourage parents to be part of the process here at Lackamas Elementary. We greatly value your input and enjoy your presence in our school. Please feel free to contact your child's teacher and/or the principal for more information on how to be involved.
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
We believe in creating an environment for students that focuses on their academic, social, emotional, physical and safety needs. To meet this goal Lackamas students and staff participate in the following activities:
- Use of a strategic planning process by teaching staff that links instructional decision-making with assessment results.
- Staff engage in professional learning community activities on late start Wednesdays where collaborative work is accomplished within one of the four critical pillars of education (assessment, instruction, climate/environment, curriculum)
- Use of up-to-date curriculum materials and resources
- Ongoing student performance assessment to ensure our students are making academic growth throughout the year using Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS), Measures of Academic Progress (MAP), Measures of Student Progress (MSP), and classroom-based assessments
- Regular safety drills
- Assemblies teaching character traits
- Student of the Month Assemblies that recognize our students demonstrating the Lackamas Hi-5 expectations
- Ticket to Read program to encourage reading for fun
- Music, Physical Education, Library and Computer Lab Specialists to provide our students with a well-rounded education
- A variety of field trips
- An Active PTO providing family activities
ABOUT OUR BUILDING
Our school originally opened in 1911. It closed in 1946 when the area was consolidated into the larger Yelm School District. After 70 years, Lackamas Elementary reopened in the fall of 2005 to 188 students. Our school site is composed of three buildings on the National Historic Register and eight “portable” buildings.
SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT PLAN
Our current School Improvement Plan has specific goals and action plans for the improvement of instruction in the areas of reading, math, and writing. We believe these efforts will also have a direct reflection on our building assessment scores on state and national tests.
Our staff is made up of 21 certificated teachers with an average of 7.3 years of teaching experience. Over 70% percent of our teachers have at least a Master’s Degree. We also have 7 classified employees who provide additional educational support. Our school employs a part-time counselor and other part-time staff that includes a school psychologist, speech, physical, and occupational therapists.
The school has a very active booster club that helps provide additional funds for educational programs and provides many extracurricular activities for students and families. We have a very active volunteer base and PTO organization.
"Regular building hours for teachers shall be one-half hour before school starts to one-half hour after school ends." (Board Policy 5231)
The regular hours for teachers at Lackamas are from 7:40 am to 3:10 pm.
Our overall average attendance is 96.67%.
2012-13 Average Expenditure per Student: $8,971.
STATE TEST SCORES
Please click here for an in-depth look at our Measurements of Student Progress (MSP) scores and how we compare to other schools within our district and throughout the state. This site also contains other important information reported by the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction.